Monday, November 4, 2013

Student Spotlight: Kristyn Burke attends LEAP this summer

This post was written by Kristyn Burke.  Kristyn is 16 years old and has been at W.O. Smith for several years.  In addition to taking private drum lessons, she participates in the Jazz Band and The Band from Nowhere, who has performed all around the Nashville area and beyond.  

Over the summer I attended a summer program called LEAP, (Leadership, Excellence, Accelerating, Potential.) We stayed on campus at UCLA. In this program, we got to listen to motivational speakers, learn about being successful in job interviews, and achieving our goals. It was so much! I got to meet people from all over the world and I made a bunch of new friends. I learned things that I will remember and keep with me forever. Everyone was so silly and goofy there but it didn't matter. It wasn't about being judged but about being who you are and loving yourself. My LEAP coach was an awesome dude too and I still keep in contact with him and all of my LEAP friends. It was an unforgettable experience and has aided me so much with preparing for my future. I am proud to call myself a leaper! 
Kristyn is pictured second from the left, enjoying friends and an ice cream cone.

No comments:

Post a Comment